KEMSYS is looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer who is passionate about technology, electronics, and Connected Device Solutions. You will be responsible for building firmware components, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop firmware & middleware components to perform specific tasks, with good design, stability, and safety.
- Work collaboratively with both device and cloud engineering team.
- You will also work with the cross-functional team to integrate feature/ defect issues as end product in customer hands.
- You will be supporting field engineers in commissioning the connected IoT solutions at customer sites and be ready to travel when required to debug/troubleshoot issues for resolutions.
Good to have
- Experience with IoT hardware platforms. (Microchip, ST, Cypress and Renesas)
- Experience in MQTT/TCP/ModBus communication protocol.
- Experience with IOT integration is a plus.
- Strong analytical and debugging skill knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience
- C/C++ and Assembly software development experience on embedded, industrial data acquisition platforms or consumer electronic platforms.
- Experience in system side programming and Object-oriented programming concepts.
- Experience working with RTOS.
- Peripheral Drivers: UART, I2C, SPI, EEPROM/FLASH, Display, Sensors, RTC, WATCHDOG.
- Any embedded Linux porting experience on ARM boards especially ARM Cortex M series.
- Nice to have exposure on cross compiling tool chain, c-make, auto-scripts, other build systems [yocto/linaro.etc].
- Write unit and integration test.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, Github.
- Experience with connectivity protocols such as BLE/4G/LoRA
- Excellent product technical documentation expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree in Bachelor of Engineering